Re: "Last Look" at the RADIUS Design Guidelines document

Avi Lior wrote:
> But section 2.1.3 does not reflect that model.  At *that* is the problem.

  I disagree.

> As I stated before - on many times - either:
>
> A) Define the Application/RADIUS server model so that it consistently used throughout the document (including secton 2.1.3) or
> B) Remove the text about application/RADIUS server on page 12.
>
> What seems to be the problem with that request?

  Your suggestion is *denying* the possibility that RADIUS servers can
process complex attributes themselves.  Some people have servers that
are capable of encoding and decoding complex types without resorting to
adding application layers.

  So there is no need for Section 2.1.3 to discuss application layers.

  The text on page 12 could *perhaps* be clarified by adding:

	THE TEXT ABOUT APPLICATIONS IS USEFUL IF AND ONLY IF
	YOU HAVE AN APPLICATION THAT SITS ON TOP OF RADIUS.