Re: "Last Look" at the RADIUS Design Guidelines document

Please see inline...
On 12-01-2010, at 07:57 , Dave Nelson wrote:

> Avi Lior writes...
>
>> In essence the document is talking about how bad Complex Types are.
>
> "Bad" is a loaded, pejorative word.  The document doesn't use it.  The
> document explains why complex types are inappropriate, in most cases, for
> use in "traditional" RADIUS attributes.  The logic is sound, even if you
> personally reject it.

If you really really want to get on with it then you dont need to make comments about my use of the word "Bad".

>> The reality is that every SDO uses them and will continue to use
>> them - because they solve real world problems.
>
> Well, I suspect that many of these non-IETF SDOs that undertake such usage
> do so largely because of your efforts.

I am sorry but i dont understand the concept of a non-IETF SDO vs (I assume) an IETF SDO.  If there is such a concept then we better explain it in the document.  And for that matter we should define what we mean by an SDO.

>  You are not bound by IETF consensus
> any more than the rest of us.  However, I personally find the extent to
> which you have used your participation in other SDOs as a platform to
> undermine the IETF work a bit disappointing.

I think that that is a personal attack David -- I dont think its appropriate for a chair of an IETF wg to make such comments.

You have no idea what I have been doing in other SDOs.