Re: "Last Look" at the RADIUS Design Guidelines document

Avi Lior wrote:
> On 14-01-2010, at 06:11 , Alan DeKok wrote:

  <sigh>

  The miscommunication here is simple.  I explain my position using
simple words, and you tell me I'm not saying what I think I'm saying.

>>> And really what are you writing this BCP for - isnt it to guide new work?  And is this new work guiding to be relevant to the 40% or the 60% of the market space?
>>  Asked and answered.  No amount of repeating the question will change
>> the answer.
> You are right and the rest of us are wrong.

  I'm tilting at windmills.

> The RADIUS server performs these functions  .....
> The Application layer performs these functions ....
>
> The reader will then understand what is going on.

  I doubt it.

  I have repeatedly explained my position.  You have repeatedly denied
that my direct statements reflect my position.

> The RADIUS Server layer process the existing attributes types  -- complex attribute intended to be passed through the RADIUS server to the application layer running on-top of the RADIUS server do not require any new code changes in the RADIUS server.

  The document pretty much says that.  See page 12.

  It's difficult to make progress when I point out the document already
says much of what you want, and you deny that outright.