From: Ralph Droms (rdroms)
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 7:15 AM
To: Hemant Singh (shemant)
Cc: Ralph Droms (rdroms); Iljitsch van Beijnum; IPv6 Operations
Subject: Re: Comments on draft-wbeebee-ipv6-cpe-router-01.txt

The rapid commit mechanism also uses Solicit and Reply in a two message
Solicit/Reply message exchange that is still requires per- client state
maintenance on the part of the server.  Use of rapid commit for prefix
delegation is unrelated to the use of "stateless"
DHCPv6 for prefix delegation.

While I agree that there is no explicit exclusion of the use of an IA_PD
in an Information-Request message (as used in "stateless"
DHCPv6) or the inclusion of the IA_PD code in an ORO, there has never
been any confusion in the past about the implementation of prefix
delegation.  We could write an errata for RFC 3633 if there is consensus
that such an update would be useful.

- Ralph