Re: Comments on draft-wbeebee-ipv6-cpe-router-01.txt

----- Original Message -----
From: "Iljitsch van Beijnum" <iljitsch@muada.com>
To: "Hemant Singh (shemant)" <shemant@cisco.com>
Cc: "IPv6 Operations" <v6ops@ops.ietf.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2008 9:38 PM
Subject: Re: Comments on draft-wbeebee-ipv6-cpe-router-01.txt

> On 20 jul 2008, at 15:45, Hemant Singh (shemant) wrote:
>
> >> 3. I disagree with the behavior suggested for "unnumbered" model. I
> >> don't think a CPE router should automatically open up a maintenance
> >> loopback interface just because it doesn't get a global IP address.
>
> > <hs>
>
> Would you PLEASE use normal quoting techniques? Reading email costs
> enough time as it is without everyone doing stuff in their own
> particular way so automation and habits don't work.

Iljitsch

I wish that I could but often I cannot; my e-mail client, the one in use in
9x.xx% of the worlds PCs, will indent and > as long as the
Content-Transfer-Encoding is 7bit, as yours is, or 8bit.  But when it is
quoted-printable, as is often the case from mainland Europe, then there are no >
and short of editing them all in by hand myself - thanks but no thanks - I know
of no way to change this; would that I could.

I agree that it is a pain.

Tom Petch