RE: Comments on draft-wbeebee-ipv6-cpe-router-01.txt

> 3. I disagree with the behavior suggested for "unnumbered" model. I
> don't think a CPE router should automatically open up a maintenance
> loopback interface just because it doesn't get a global IP address.

Also agree.

<hs>
Not quite.  The unnumbered model is clearly saying the WAN interface
only acquires on a link-local address.  But the WAN interface of the CPE
Router has got to have a global IPv6 address.  So what choice does the
CPE Router have but to automatically spawn a Loopback interface that
will get assigned a global IPv6 address (using SLAAC, DHCPv6, or one
address from the IA_PD when the Loopback interface uses, say, stateless
DHCPv6 to acquire an IA_PD).
</hs>

Hemant