From: Francois-Xavier Le Bail [mailto:fx.lebail@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 06, 2008 12:41 PM
To: Wes Beebee (wbeebee); Hemant Singh (shemant)
Cc: v6ops@ops.ietf.org
Subject: RE: new draft on IPv6 CPE router available for review

You're right.

I must explain more clearly my proposal.

For the model where WAN interface only acquires a link-local address, I
see two options for the interface which will be assigned a global IPv6
address sub-delegated from IA_PD via DHCPv6 :

- If there is a logical LAN bridge, which is always up even if the LAN
interfaces attached to it are individualy down, CPE will use the bridge
which will be assigned such a global IPv6 address.
These is no need to add a loopback interface.

- Else the CPE router will use a Loopback interface which will be
assigned such a global IPv6 address.

Francois-Xavier