[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: new draft on IPv6 CPE router available for review
- To: "Wes Beebee \(wbeebee\)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Hemant Singh \(shemant\)" <email@example.com>
- Subject: RE: new draft on IPv6 CPE router available for review
- From: Francois-Xavier Le Bail <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 09:41:26 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: email@example.com
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:Cc:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Message-ID; b=r+xu9IViHnl/fcav9XmHtOJd59cINhls9giMKtwSBcYBM+rGp32ooSop/2SfctM55g5x9McGLXUC7Qr4efPJoaul5hHDHklNhtzOUmp4G6kzD+i3VFLn+rv6dIRRPy3bhL9+hLhxX3TTyEpTSqE9R0411q1w38yTxY2IfM1ydk0=;
- In-reply-to: <B00EDD615E3C5344B0FFCBA910CF7E1D04E41EC4@xmb-rtp-20e.amer.cisco.com>
I must explain more clearly my proposal.
For the model where WAN interface only acquires a link-local address,
I see two options for the interface which will be assigned a global IPv6
address sub-delegated from IA_PD via DHCPv6 :
- If there is a logical LAN bridge, which is always up even if the LAN
interfaces attached to it are individualy down, CPE will use the bridge
which will be assigned such a global IPv6 address.
These is no need to add a loopback interface.
- Else the CPE router will use a Loopback interface which will be assigned such a global IPv6 address.
--- On Sun, 7/6/08, Hemant Singh (shemant) <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> From: Hemant Singh (shemant) <email@example.com>
> Subject: RE: new draft on IPv6 CPE router available for review
> To: "Francois-Xavier Le Bail" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Wes Beebee (wbeebee)" <email@example.com>
> Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Date: Sunday, July 6, 2008, 8:14 AM
> If the Service Provider has doled out an IA_PD option, then
> the CPE
> Router always has the option to use a set of IPv6
> address(es) from the
> IA_PD to configure on the LAN interface(s) of the CPE
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Francois-Xavier Le Bail [mailto:email@example.com]
> Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2008 8:18 AM
> To: Wes Beebee (wbeebee); Hemant Singh (shemant)
> Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: Re: new draft on IPv6 CPE router available for
> --- On Wed, 7/2/08, Francois-Xavier Le Bail
> <email@example.com> wrote:
> > The CPE must also support IPv4, and for using one
> subnet in
> > IPv4 world, it's a practice to have a LAN bridge
> with Ethernet, Wifi,
> > etc. interfaces adding to it.
> > And this bridge is always up, even if the LAN
> interfaces are
> > individualy down.
> > So binding the global-scope management address to this
> LAN bridge can
> > be a way to consider.
> When the CPE router has only a link-local address on the
> WAN port, if
> the CPE has a LAN bridge, I hope there is an option to have
> global-scope address set on the LAN bridge (from IA_PD via
> DHCPv6) as an
> alternative to loopback solution.
> Do you agree ?
> Best Regards,