RE: Comments on draft-wbeebee-ipv6-cpe-router-01.txt

We are not even concerned about the draft being a WG work item.  We have
not even completed requirements for the device.

> no, you cannot use stateless DHCP for prefix delegation.

Also, if you say IA_PD is forbidden by stateless DHCPv6, please point to
a MUST NOT text in any RFC.

> e.g:
> - false: downstream interfaces (loopback, LAN) can run SLAAC or DHCP
IA/PD protocols

The Loopback interface doesn't face the downstream or the upstream.  You
and I both know RFC3633 has no explicit text that prohibits stateless
DHCPv6 asking for IA_PD as I showed how (using the ORO once an interface
has acquired a global IPv6 address).

> - false: you need a global address on the WAN interface for uRPF

If you don't see the obvious problem with uRPF with just a link-local
address on the WAN interface, I suggest you go do a test and get back to
us.

> - false: loopback interface is required. (it's only purpose is to have
a stable always up management interface).

DSL folks have asked to support the WAN interface acquiring a link-local
address.  So it is the Loopback interface that acquires a global IPv6
address to source packets to the WAN.  If the Loopback interface is not
spawned, then since the LAN interface has global IPv6 address, one could
say, use the LAN interface global address to source packets to the WAN.
But the CPE Router will not even function if the WAN interface has only
link-local and the LAN interface has a global IPv6 address - see section
4 of

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-miyakawa-1plus64s-00.txt

Hemant