Re: Open issues list? [Re: New (-02) version of IPv6 CPE Router draft is available for review]

Hemant Singh (shemant) writes:
Folks,
Shin reviewed our new text and asked for the word "broadband" be removed
from the text so that the text relates to any deployment where such a
device exists.  So we have removed the word "broadband" from the text.
New text is as follows:
[The unnumbered model is incompatible with the strong host model on the
CPE router.  The unnumbered model may be inappropriate for use with
certain deployments where a device that uses the strong host model can
operate as a CPE Router.]

I personally disagree with this. I think we need to be more specific rather than more general here. We need to specify that this is strictly for fixed broadband regardless of the underlying technology (DSL, Cable, ISDN, T1/T3, 802.16d WiMAX, etc. The rules for mobility based technologies have very different requirements and configurations as they are the device and they connect directly to the service provider network (no separate router and no LAN behind them).
Eric