RE: New (-02) version of IPv6 CPE Router draft is available for review

Eric,

I did go back and read Remi's email.  Sorry, I have to catch up with
some IETF email.  Yes, it does go back to the problem that Remi raised,
but I don't see a problem with a web browser adding a Bonjour plugin for
mDNS - that may not be asking the user a whole lot.  I do appreciate
Remi's point that many browsers to not have such a plugin.  I and Wes
personally don't like using an IPv4 URL to configure the new IPv6 CPE
Router.  We have to plan for a day "x" years from now when no IPv4 is
provisioned on the device.  We have got to have an IPv6 solution to
configure the device from a web browser.

Also, when the CPE Router is powered up for the first time, a unique ULA
may be generated by the device that persists for the lifetime of
operation of the device.  This ULA may be mapped to mDNS - I haven't
read the mDNS draft yet to make sure if the protocol allows for a
non-link-local address to be returned in the mDNS response.  I would
think it should be possible.  Also since the ULA is pseudo-random, in
case a user at home discovers a conflict, a knob on the CPE Router can
generate a new ULA.

Hemant