RE: draft-ietf-v6ops-nat64-pb-statement-req-00 - are changes in dualstack hosts acceptable or not?

Hi,

I have a general problem here that I do not fully understand: why _a_solution_ should not require changes for IPv6-only or dual-stack host, _if_ that gives better functionality than _a_solution_ that does not require changes? We are not limited to single solution on this problem space, right?

We have number of dual-stack implementations out there for which solutions that do not require changes are very desirable.

We also have a large number of to-be-deployed devices in the pipeline, which still can be modified in any ways seen useful. I argue that this number is far larger than the number of already deployed devices, and that this number of devices should not have suboptimal functionality just because we do not want to touch to already deployed v6-capable hosts.

IPv6 deployment is anyhow just beginning.

Best regards,

	Teemu