RE: New (-02) version of IPv6 CPE Router draft is available for review

I'd rather the IETF didn't try to mandate some specific well-known
address for routers, or a service discovery protocol. Personally, since
I "play" with so many different home routers from different
manufacturers, I don't bother trying any well-known address to get to
the UI. I can't remember who uses what. And I hate reading the manual.
There are so many different values in use, that I find it easier to just
run ipconfig / ifconfig and see what my Default Gateway is set to. Put
that in the browser, and I'm at the router UI.

I do know that if a device has a DSL modem in it, then it is likely to
support the standard domain name specified by the Broadband Forum
(formerly DSL Forum): dsldevice
I expect that to continue.

If there is to be some sort of discovery and then presenting the results
to the user in a friendly manner, then there will need to be an
application that does all this. If there's an application, it probably
doesn't care where the info comes from. Surely somewhere between all the
ND and RA and such, there must be an IPv6 address that can lead an
application to the router, without trying to mandate or recommend
support for some service discovery protocol. I don't need for a device
to advertise that it has an HTTP server at port 80 on a particular IP
address. I just need the device's IP address.
Barbara