Re: [idn] URL encoding in html page

David Leung (Neteka Inc.) <david@neteka.com> mused:

> But if we are talking about the future where aliens from other planets
join
> us for the discussion at IETF, then maybe we need to encode all the
> characters from their planets too!! Also there are billions of stars
and
> planets out there, who knows : )

This is what I mean about listening only to "non-whimsical" arguments
about the number of characters that need to be encoded.  If Earth does
get a visit from space aliens, I suspect character encoding will not be
the first problem that needs to be solved.

Please, let's not cloud the real issues of character encoding.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California