Re: [idn] URL encoding in html page

"David Leung (Neteka Inc.)" <david@neteka.com> wrote:

> If we use ACE as the URL links then all web designers in the world
> needs to be retrained for ACE conversion.

Either the web designer uses an HTML editor, in which case the editor
should know the HTML syntax rules and convert to/from the local charset
as needed, or the web designer uses a text editor, in which case the web
designer is taking responsibility for knowing and obeying the HTML/URI
syntax rules, one of which is that href and src attributes contain only
ASCII characters.

Maybe future HTML/URI specs will allow non-ASCII characters in href and
src attributes, but it's not obvious how to do that without breaking
deployed browsers, and that discussion is for another forum.

AMC