Re: [idn] URL encoding in html page

Edmon... I think it means every "human readable" UI has to be downgrade not
upgrade... we should have something readable that converts to something
unreadable so that web-designer dont know what they are putting in as URL
: )

> This is a revealing point you have pointed out Adam.  While you and some
ACE
> "everywhere" advocates maintain that ACE "everywhere" requires the least
> upgrade, this seems to jump back out at yourselves that afterall, it is
not
> as small a job as it was advertised.
>
> This and that together, if we are going to need an overhaul what is the
> point of going back to ASCII and not move forward to a more advanced
schema?
I always think of IDN this way, we need to upgrade software anyways but
there is two approach...
ACE or UTF8...

ACE will work with "EXISTING" systems but ALL client end(browser, MUA, etc)
and SOME server(Apache, etc) end software actually needs to upgrade in order
to be able to recognize IDN and convert it to ACE back and forth, unless we
want to say that www.ietf.org that we are using nowadays is IDN already : )

On the other hand, we see a lot of applications is moving towards the
support of UTF8/Unicode on the client side, and this is going to be the
future anyways... so why not just upgrade the server software, with one
server software upgraded it will serve many many users... I dont understand
why no one see this simple math : )