Re: [idn] Prohibit CDN code points

Dear Dave & all:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Crocker" <dhc@dcrocker.net>
To: "tsenglm@計網中心.中大.tw" <tsenglm@cc.ncu.edu.tw>
Cc: "YangWoo Ko" <newcat@spsoft.co.kr>; "IETF-IDN" <idn@ops.ietf.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2002 2:35 AM
Subject: Re: [idn] Prohibit CDN code points

> At 12:29 AM 1/24/2002 +0800,
> =?utf-8?B?dHNlbmdsbUDoqIjntrLkuK3lv4Mu5Lit5aSnLnR3?= wrote:
> >           I  totally agree with these , whether the UNICODE is unified
or
> >not , it is not the issue in this thread, we want to know where is the
> >interface or room in IDNA and through which  the localization results and
> >information  can be passed.
>
> A standard that is focused on international interoperability cannot be the
> place for localization.
>
> So, the place for what you are seeking is outside IDNA.  In terms of
> architecture, it is at a layer above IDNA.
>
> d/

               A  layer above IDNA is a cocept view .  A layer above IDNA
may by-pass the lower layer and directly communicate in the wire  if there
are no entry or interface that the above localization module can exchange
the information between them . If  the requirement is neglected  and there
are no way to go ,  the international interoperability will not be keep in
proper way.
               I  think  Japan, Korean and China all want to know where is
the interface they can go thru .

L.M.Tseng