Re: [idn] Prohibit CDN code points

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 12:43:19PM +0100, Patrik F?ltstr?m wrote:
> Just because in Unicode, the same character have the same codepoint
> regardless of the language for CJK codepoints, there is no way to compare
> two codepoints and say that they sometimes are different and sometimes not.
>
> The Unicode tables are approved by the Unicode Consortium and ISO, and we
> can not in the IETF "undo" that unification procedure.
>
> This is the reason why we rely on other standard organizations to do "the
> right thing". They have defined that when only comparing two characters, a
> given codepoint in a normalized Unicode string is to be equal (or not
> equal) with according to the matching rules Unicode are defining.
>
> This means further that if one enter a string in Unicode, one will _NOT_
> know whether SC or TC was used.

Dear Patrik Faltstrom,

Your last statement does not exactly describe TC/SC issue. Following may
explain TC/SC issue better;

"If one enter a string in Unicode, one may or may not know whether TC or
SC was used. It depends both on his language in mind when entering that
string and on his knowledge about characters."

Dear all members,

What about having additional prefix(es) for extension like TC/SC issue ?
For example, az-- for normal IDNA and bz-- for chinese-extension IDNA
and so forth. It may serve as an context information or language tag.

Regards

--
YangWoo Ko : newcat@spsoft.co.kr