Re: [idn] Prohibit CDN code points

Dear Dave Crocker,

Thank you for your answer.

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 10:35:35AM -0800, Dave Crocker wrote:
> A standard that is focused on international interoperability cannot be the
> place for localization.
>
> So, the place for what you are seeking is outside IDNA.  In terms of
> architecture, it is at a layer above IDNA.

Your argument is totally correct. But, as far as TC/SC issue is concerned,
we are not dealing with 0 or 1 issue. Please, let me quote from Paul
Hoffman's I-D draft-hoffman-i18n-terms-04.txt.

      ... The better internationalized an application is,
      the easier it is to localize it ...

I want to rephrase it;

      ... The poorer internationalized an application is,
      the harder (or even impossible) it is to localization it ...

As I have not yet surveyed TC/SC issue enough to make a solid conclusion, it
seems to me that we are going to come up with very poorly internationalized
standard.

My best regards

--
YangWoo Ko : newcat@spsoft.co.kr