RE: Comments on draft-wbeebee-ipv6-cpe-router-01.txt

I wonder, for those who feel a loopback interface is important, is that because you want the CPE router to be pingable regardless of any PHY interface status? If that's so, since the document's focus is on router behaviour, perhaps it is this behaviour should be explicitly mentioned.

Section 5, paragraph 1 states 'optional Loopback network interface, facing the Service Provider upstream, which initiates stateless DHCPv6'. A loopback interface doesn't really 'face' any direction. You might want to change the wording to something along the lines of 'optional Loopback network interface initiates a DHCPv6 request toward the upstream SP'

Also I notice in the same paragraph, "recommend the CPE Router WAN interface acquire its global IPv6 address using stateful DHCPv6 for administrative control of the router". This makes it sound like DHCP is recommended for administrative control where I think you mean the global address is recommended for administrative control and provisioning of proxied services to the downstream devices. Why not just say "recommend the CPE Router acquire a global IPv6 address for administrative control ..."

Antonio Querubin
whois:  AQ7-ARIN