From: Templin, Fred L [mailto:Fred.L.Templin@boeing.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 5:43 PM
To: Hemant Singh (shemant); Stark, Barbara; Antonio Querubin
Cc: v6ops@ops.ietf.org
Subject: RE: Comments on draft-wbeebee-ipv6-cpe-router-01.txt

I don't understand this. If it is a router, it follows the weak end
system model and it can source packets from addresses assigned to any of
its interfaces, including virtual interfaces like a loopback. I do not
see a requirement for assignment of a non-link-local IPv6 address on the
WAN interface.

Fred
fred.l.templin@boeing.com