Re: About IPv6 private address

On 4-Feb-2008, at 15:17, Mark Smith wrote:

Well, not everybody has or will have Apples, so they won't have Bonjour
aware clients/browsers. There does need to be alternative methods.

As far as I know, though, Bonjour isn't limited to Apple devices. It's definitely available on free *ix platforms (and I say "definitely" because I've used it) and apparently available on Windows too ("apparently" because I have not had a reason to use Windows since about 1995).

So it doesn't seem reasonable to discount this as a reasonable mechanism on the grounds that "not everybody uses Apple products".

Joe