Re: [Fwd: Re: About IPv6 private address]

>> Yes, users need to configure our device via http, and if there's no
>> well-known IPv6 address, how do users know which address to connect to?
>> I have thought about a pre-configured link-local address; however,
>> browsers such as Firefox does not support link-local address. Any
>> suggestions?

How come Firefox (or any other browser) knows how to *not* support
link-local addresses? As far as I can tell, it does support them.
Just don't forget the [ ] brackets.

When I tell Firefox to connect to http://[fe80::1]/ it gives me
an "unable to connect" message, but that's exactly what I'd expect.
When I tell Firefox to connect to http://[fe80::21a:a0ff:fe4a:d680%5]/
(my own link-local address) it gives me a "server not found" message,
which is also exactly what I'd expect, since I'm not listening on
port 80.

    Brian