[Fwd: Re: About IPv6 private address]

--- Begin Message ---
Even by mDNS or LLMNR, the device need to reply the queried name, such as "gateway.local.", with a valid IPv6 address except link-local address since DNS record could not allow link-local address to be carried. Without any configuration, there's no IPv6 address available besides link-local address. Or you suggest using the combination of Unique Local IPv6 address and mDNS?

Thanks.
BR,
Yi-Wen

Thomas Herbst wrote:
Couldn't this be done with a name via m-dns or something similar?

tom