Re: [Fwd: Re: About IPv6 private address]

> I have thought about a pre-configured link-local address; however,
> browsers such as Firefox does not support link-local address. Any
> suggestions?

Would this work assuming that you can reach your device anywhere onnet via IPv6:
1. customer turns on your device connected to CPE router/modem
2. device sents a packet to your server
3. server sends back a config file

The above excludes the customer from configuration and such.

Thanks,

Peter