Re: On issue 6: Avi review of I-D Action:draft-ietf-radext-design-13.txt

Avi Lior wrote:
> In the context of this document and in the context of the specific section I was commenting on --  i think it is darn clear what we mean by compatible or incompatible.

  Given the level of miscommunication, I don't want to make assumptions
about anything.

> No i don't assert the opposite.  I am saying the document allows for SDOs to create incompatible specifications.

  I see no ethical or procedural way for the document to forbid that
practice.

>  To repeat what I said with appropriate words highlighted:  "the document asserts SDOs DONT HAVE TO BE COMPATIBLE."

  Again, no.  I really can't agree with that statement.

> back to the original issue - that is issue 6:
>
> Issue 6: Section 3.2
>
> " These approaches are often incompatible, leading to
>   additional complexity in RADIUS implementations."
>
> Just say "These approaches often lead to additional complexity in RADIUS implementations."
>
> I dont see the need to bring incompatibility statement into this paragraph.

  Because it directly contradicts your assertion that the document
states "SDOs don't have to be compatible".