Re: I-D Action:draft-ietf-radext-design-13.txt

Bernard Aboba wrote:
> Glancing at -13, there appear to be some inconsistencies within the text:
>
> Section 1.3.1
> [BA] This text is similar to text in Section 3.3.3, which leads me to
> believe that there was an editing problem.

  The intent was to start off defining situations where SDOs did *not*
require review, and to later discuss situations where they did need review.

> My suggestion is that the text in 3.3.3 be moved to Section 1.3.1.

  Hmm... it's substantially similar to 3.3.2, but directed towards SDOs
rather than vendors.  I'd prefer to leave it where it is, but there are
arguments to be made both ways.

> Nevertheless, following the guidelines outlined within this document
> has many advantages. It is therefore RECOMMENDED that SDOs follow
> the guidelines outlined here, which are intended to enable maximum
> interoperability with minimal changes to existing systems.
>
> [BA] The last paragraph does not appear to be consistent with Section 1.3,
> so I'd
> recommend that it be deleted.

  I'm not sure what isn't consistent, but OK.

> 3.3.2. Vendor Allocations
>
> Nevertheless, following the guidelines outlined within this document
> has many advantages. It is therefore RECOMMENDED that vendors follow
> the guidelines outlined here, which are intended to enable maximum
> interoperability with minimal changes to existing systems. If these
> guidelines are not followed, the result will be increased complexity
> with little or no benefit.
>
> [BA] The resolution to Issue 327 recommended the following alternative text:

  OK.  I was trying to avoid repeating the discussion on dictionaries
and code changes...