Re: create-subscription vs. subscribe

Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:
On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 07:22:23AM -0800, Andy Bierman wrote:

I like <subscribe> better, but neither name actually describes
what this particular verb does.

We have a "streams" model, not really a "subscribe" model.
(This is by WG choice.) In Phil's draft the verb is called <get-syslog-events>.
IMO, the name <start-notifications> best describes this RPC method.

You subscribe to a stream - sounds quite natural to me.

ok - it isn't that important.

Actually, <get-notifications> is probably better because
it covers subscribe and replay modes.

/js

Andy