Re: create-subscription vs. subscribe

Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:
Hi,

I like to propose to rename <create-subscription> to simply
<subscribe> in draft-ietf-netconf-notification-04.txt as it is shorter
nice verb that matches well with other protocol verbs (lock, unlock,
commit, validate, ...). I know, this is cosmetics and not really
important, but I thought I mention my preference anyways. ;-)

I like <subscribe> better, but neither name actually describes
what this particular verb does.

We have a "streams" model, not really a "subscribe" model.
(This is by WG choice.)  In Phil's draft the verb is called <get-syslog-events>.
IMO, the name <start-notifications> best describes this RPC method.

/js

Andy