Re: sylsog in NETCONF notifications

Andy,

If you mean transformation of all ad-hoc syslog text content
to a standard and structured XML hierarchy -- no.  That is way out
of scope.  However, filter parameters to suppress notification delivery
are in scope.  (The non-normative appendices are supposed to be removed.)

I agree. But these filter parameters must not be SYSLOG specific - in
the same way as <get> is not specified for SYSLOG or any other
specific case. I'd like to see some standard properties for NETCONF. I
also think that specifying extensible filter mechanisms (as in section
6.) is useful and needed.

However, I do NOT think that specifying a "severity" filter for syslog
is appropriate (or any other SYSLOG reference). That I would expect to
see in a different document, and being announced as an optional
capability at the time of <hello>.

Putting any SYSLOG specifics into the core notification document
would, IMO,  remove its payload content-independence.

Rainer