Re: [idn] URL encoding in html page

> Sure we happy to come up with a draft to talk about the transition from
IDNA
> to UDNS(or something similar) and submit it... : )

This is definately more productive :-) Please do so.

> So you mean there will be more characters that we will use than IP
addresses
> in the world that everyone knows is running out with IPv4...

The lesson on IPv4/6 is once upon a time, someone sclaim 32 bits is all we
need for IP.

> True, those han ideograph are mostly slang words or swear words too, it
> would be nice if we can have all the words formed with the combination of
> the "door" in chinese to be able to input on computers... haha : )

Not all ideograph are slang or swear like in Cantonese.

There are about 500+ han ideograph used in Singapore alone that is not
inside ISO10646. Of which only 25 is in IRG review. Most of them cannot even
be justified under normal process because it is character "created" for some
person name.

Fortune Teller: "Your fire element is too strong and your water element is
lacking. Your bad luck comes from the unbalance Yi-Ching. Lets add some
water, 3 dot (water kangxi) to this character of your name". Bingo! A new
character is born.

But alas, I am just rattling...lets drop this.

> I did not try to predict the future, (i think you just did below this
:>)...
> I hope there is some analysis behind these "predictions" : )

I am guessing, not predicting. My guess about future is as good as anyone
else, which is nothing.

> Some existing software is already supporting this, so require less
upgrade.

Some software support UTF-8. No software support Nameprep-UTF-8. Software
that deals with IDN using UTF-8 still have to upgrade. But lets not jump
ahead. I'll wait for your draft.

-James Seng