Re: [idn] URL encoding in html page

----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Ewell" <dewell@adelphia.net>
 > Is my memory faulty, or wasn't it the CJK users who complained the
> loudest that UTF-8 was unfairly discriminatory because it required 3
> bytes for each CJK character, and that some sort of compression (such as
> now provided by Punycode) was essential to the success of IDN?

Hmm.. *I*  had proposed to kill DUDE and choose ACE-Z (code simplicity does not matter so much).
*This WG* decided to drop DUDE and chose ACE-Z.

this is the list of supporters of ACE-Z. there are many non-CJK folks here.

a.. Adam M. Costello amc@cs.berkeley.edu
a.. David C Lawrence tale@nominum.com
a.. Makoto Ishisone ishisone@sra.co.jp
a.. Rick H Wesson wessorh@ar.com