Re: [idn] URL encoding in html page

----- Original Message -----
From: A. Vine
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 10:11 AM
Subject: Re: [idn] URL encoding in html page

FYI, browsers and many other apps already have massive conversion libraries.

Yes. But, legacy encodings are often revised or there may be new born legacy encoding.
What and how much does that affect the stable operation of  IDN  in networks of various versions of
IDN-aware applications?
That is my questions  on which I still has no answer.
Soobok Lee
IF we want to make IDN truly internationally interoperable, all IDN-aware webbrowsers/applications
should contain libaries of all kinds of legacy-to-Unicode conversion routines. It will burden
too much memory load on handheld devices like PDA.

Moreover, legacy encodings are revised separately from unicode. We may face with as toughest
versioning problems as we did in stringprep/nameprep versioning problems for newly added unicode points.
How to guarantee stability and intergrity of IDN operations in the all combinations of numerous kinds and versions of iDN-aware
applications and legacy encodings?

Soobok Lee