Re: [idn] Re: peanut gallery

"Mark Davis (jtcsv)" <mark.davis@jtcsv.com> replied:

> No, that wouldn't do as you intend. The kTraditionalVariant is not a
> normative field... while it has improved over time, I would not put
> any real weight on it without a thorough review.

Okay then, how about this:  Prohibit a Han code point iff it has only
"G" sources (China/Singapore).

That might prohibit a few characters unnecessarily, but it will make
sure that Taiwan, Japan, and Korea are able to use all their characters,
and will leave the maximum flexibility for China & Singapore to define
how to fold the remaining characters if they decide that's what they
want to do.

I wouldn't recommend this course, but if most of the Chinese community
wanted to do this, I don't see why the rest of us should object.

AMC