Re: [idn] Mapping and Prohibit of code points

I know the chairs consider this thread off-topic, so I will keep this brief.

The only result that can come from excluding Han characters from the IDN
model "until" a solution to the claimed CJK problem is developed, is to
ensure the failure of the currently planned IDN model.

Opponents would be able to claim truthfully that IDN completely fails to
support CJK, which of course would be true if Han characters were prohibited.

They would then mount a new campaign to replace the discredited IDN model
with a new CJK-oriented model, with local variations instead of global
uniformity.

I am certain that at least some of those who are calling for CJK prohibition
understand this.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California