Re: [idn] Mapping and Prohibit of code points

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 02:47:53AM -0500, DougEwell2@cs.com wrote:
> I know the chairs consider this thread off-topic, so I will keep this brief.

Yes, I agree. Let's keep it brief.

> The only result that can come from excluding Han characters from the IDN
> model "until" a solution to the claimed CJK problem is developed, is to
> ensure the failure of the currently planned IDN model.
>
> Opponents would be able to claim truthfully that IDN completely fails to
> support CJK, which of course would be true if Han characters were prohibited.
>
> They would then mount a new campaign to replace the discredited IDN model
> with a new CJK-oriented model, with local variations instead of global
> uniformity.

Your conclusion seems to be too hasty. As far as I can tell from postings
so far, they do not want "pre-" matured solution to be deployed which will
prevent deployment of "well-" matured solution in the future. That's it.

As Kenny Huang suggested, if nobody had a tangible solution right now in
hand, please make this off-topic for a while, and wait for good solution.

--
YangWoo Ko : newcat@spsoft.co.kr