Re: some real life data

On Sun, 5 Oct 2008, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

I now have ~1 week of data, and I'll post updated figures.

0.5% of the users pulled the v4v6 gif using IPv6.

This still stands.

6% of the users were able to get the v6only gif.

Still the same.

Of the v6only accesses, 91% were from 6to4 addresses, 7% were teredo and 2% were from other ipv6 space. The "other ipv6 space" was from 58 different /32s.

This changed to 89% 6to4, 9% teredo and still 2% native. 134 different /32s.

98% of Teredo users run Windows XP.
88% of 6to4 users run Windows Vista.

Changed to 86% of 6to4 being Vista, 10% XP, 4% OSX.

The difference in page loads between v4only and v4v6 was 0.4%, indicating that some users might have problems loading something that has both A and AAAA DNS. This might be that it's slower, doesn't work, or simply that some users clicked on a link before that gif was loaded. The gifs were loaded in the order indicated above, with the javascript function "window.onload".

The page load difference shrunk to 0.06%, so I believe something was wrong before.

So, I see quite a few page accesses to http://ipv6.swm.pp.se via Teredo, did anyone encounter a problem to reach it? I still don't have an explanation to lack of Vista users using Teredo.

Could it be that XP by default runs Teredo when one does "ipv6 install", and Vista has 6to4 enabled by default, but not Teredo?

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@swm.pp.se