RE: But are we talking IPv6 only? That's how I read the draft. (Re: Some suggestions for draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-simple-security-03)

> I'll expand on the relevant models for IPv6 transition mechanisms
> and dual-stack service providers in the next revision of the draft.
>
> The minimum set of models I think we should consider are..
>
> A) CPE is a router connected to a native IPv6 service provider with
> prefix delegation.  Note: this includes dual-stack-lite CPE, as
> currently proposed.
>
> B) CPE is an IPv4/NAT router connected to a service provider where
> IPv6-in-IPv4 tunneling is available with a default route to
> the public
> default-free zone, e.g. 6to4, tunnel-broker, etc.
>
> Are there *any* other realistic models to consider for
> residential CPE?

The other IPv6 transition mechanisms (IVI, NAT6, NAT64, and even
NAT-PT) all look and feel like your (A), from the perspective of
the CPE.  Might want to point that out.

-d