Re: New (-02) version of IPv6 CPE Router draft is available for review

Ralph Droms writes:
Do you acknowledge that once the CPE router has obtained a delegated prefix it is no longer necessary for the WAN interface on the CPE router to be enabled for that delegated prefix to be used on the subscriber network? We'll have to agree to disagree about whether configuring the CPE router prior to any SP access is a corner case.

Ralph, I think I understand what is being asked for here. Think of the Cisco ONS 15327 with the default IP address of 192.1.0.2 or the Cisco AIR-WGB350 with the default IP address of 10.0.0.1. In both cases it is possible to connect to the router via an Ethernet (not console) port using a default IP address to configure the router via a browser or telnet session. I suspect that this is the requirement that is being misunderstood here. In my previous e-mail (today) I half jokingly suggested ::192.168.0.1 as an example. For manufacturer consistency we may want to look at using ::192:1:0:2 for the ONS 1537 and ::10:0:0:1 for the AIR-WGB350.

Eric