Re: New (-02) version of IPv6 CPE Router draft is available for review

Hemant Singh (shemant) writes:
I repeat myself. I am only discussing the case when the CPE Router is powered up without connecting the router WAN interface to the SP. This is also the first time the CPE Router is powered up. Further this is NOT a corner case. Moreover, all IPv4 home router customers are used to one stable private IPv4 address to access their say, Linksys router, no matter when and what global IPv4 address gets assigned to the WAN interface.

I think this describes the confusion here. You are looking for a default IP address for the device so that users can connect to it for configuring it? In IPv4 there is usually a default RFC 1918 address that will do just this function in order to enable configuration. So would it meet your needs if we used something like ::192:168:0:1 for the default address if it is used via the Ethernet or wireless (802.11x) port?
\