RE: Comments on draft-wbeebee-ipv6-cpe-router-01.txt

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008, Hemant Singh (shemant) wrote:

they were emails between July 15 - 16th, 2008.  Here is one piece of
text snipped from my email on the subject of uRPF on July 16th.  I
wasn't talking about any packet with src-addr as link-local.

"I have a spoofed packet with global src-addr input to the WAN interface
of a standalone CPE Router - the destination of this packet is the
global IPv6 address of a LAN interface.  Strict uRPF check will check if
the src-addr is reachable by a path thru the input interface which is
the WAN interface. The WAN interface, which is also a routed port has
only a link-local address.  So how can the global address have a path
thru the WAN interface that is assigned only a link-local address?"

The default route has to go somewhere.  Regardless of whether the single
WAN interface acts like a point-to-point link or is multi-access, it's
still the one ingress point from SP to the customer.

Antonio Querubin
whois:  AQ7-ARIN