RE: Comments on draft-wbeebee-ipv6-cpe-router-01.txt

I disagree that if the loopback interface is not configured "you will
have to use the Numbered model of our document and assign a global IPV6
to the WAN interface". Just to be sure, I think you're saying that the
CPE router will need to get a global IPv6 address via SLAAC or stateful
DHCPv6, from the access network. I do not see any reason why the CPE
router cannot use one of the addresses from its assigned prefix. Since
we are definitely considering using the "unnumbered model", and we have
no loopback interface in our devices (and have no intention of having
them), I think I'm going to have to try to get a second opinion on this.
Does anyone else have an opinion on whether or not the "unnumbered
model" will only work in the presence of a loopback interface?

By the way, I've never seen such a loopback interface in any mass market
retail CPE routers. To me, the capabilities found in such mass market
routers should be the benchmark for "very normal". I'm also not familiar
with it in DSL routers. DSL routers are also "very normal", worldwide.
I've been trying to search the Internet for products that include this
interface, and all I can find are Cisco products with IOS. I'm curious
as to whether any other vendors implement this interface, and, if so, on
what sorts of mass market products.
Barbara