RE: Comments on draft-wbeebee-ipv6-cpe-router-01.txt

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008, Hemant Singh (shemant) wrote:

Thanks for this email. For the purposes of description of behavior of a
CPE Router, all we are asking for is how many physical WAN interface

On the one hand you say                         ^^^^^^^^

ports will the CPE Router have? We have recommended one. We could care
less about any other physical layer behavior. We are defining routing
behavior that sits abstracted from link or physical layers. Where a
On the other hand you say

layer 2 affects IPv6 ND protocol behavior, we mention it - like PPP
address acquisition does not perform DAD.

Why not just call it a routed interface and get away from the word physical altogether?

Antonio Querubin
whois:  AQ7-ARIN