RE: RADEXT WG last call on RADIUS attributes for IPv6 Access Networks

Hello Peter,

As part of the resolution of Issue 335, we're proposing the addition of
the following text/section into the draft. Please let us know if this is
satisfactory.

"Syntactically, the Framed-IPv6-Address and the RFC3162
Framed-IPv6-Prefix attributes are identical. In terms of their intended
semantics however the former represents a statefully assigned IPv6
address while the latter a prefix intended for application on a target
interface and are envisaged to be used in co-existence. Thus, in order
to preserve this semantical distinction it is recommended that each
attribute be used for its intended purpose, with the functional
substitution of one attribute for the other being an optional
configuration feature of a Radius client."

Thanks,
Woj.