RE: RADEXT WG last call on RADIUS attributes for IPv6 Access Networks

> > Given the above examples/reasons, would you still see a need to
> > restrict the use/naming of the attribute as suggested. What is your
> > concern with the proposed use?
>
> None WRT assignment/auth, thank you.
>
> My suggestion WRT an accounting restriction is based on a scenario:
>
> Accounting system relies on RFC 3162 to report client IP.
>
> NAS decides to send IPv6-Framed-Address rather than RFC 3162 method.
> Accounting system requires modification to continue to
> understand the same information.

Yes, I see your point. Don't you think however that this could be
handled by a client knob/implementation? I.E. If in an access-accept a
server sends the IPv6-Framed-Address, then the NAS client can interpret
it to mean that its ok to use this attribute in accounting messages. If
an IPv6-Framed-Address does not come down in an access-accept, then the
NAS would use by default "whatever it uses today", unless it has been
explicitly configured to send accounting info with using
IPv6-Framed-Address.
This would seem to cover your concerns. What do you think?

-Woj.