Re: "Last Look" at the RADIUS Design Guidelines document

On 20-01-2010, at 20:30 , Dave Nelson wrote:

> RADIUS was not designed to represent complicated provisioning data, data
> sets with lots of inter-related elements, in any reasonably compact,
> efficient and standardized format.  That's why I personally hold out hope
> that the RADIUS Extended Attribute work will seriously address that issue
> and will do so soon.  To say that it's overdue is an understatement.

But things are now different.  So it goes back to stating clearly what is this document really about.
Is it to protect existing legacy deployments or is it to provide guidelines to new RADIUS designs.

I would think that the BCP that would be published today will be reflecting the new RADIUS designs but if that is not the case then we need to be clear about the applicability of this document.  I am okay with a BCP that applies to protecting traditional RADIUS usage but we need to be clear about it.

Can we start with this then...