Re: "Last Look" at the RADIUS Design Guidelines document

Avi Lior wrote:
> but Alan I am paraphresing your own statement

  I don't see how.  I said red, you say blue.  There's a teensy
difference between the two.

> and now you are saying that that is not what you said????

  I'm saying your paraphrasing doesn't match my words.  In fact, it's
nearly the opposite of what I said.

  The confusion here seems to be that you appear to believe:

 "complex attributes" == "external application processing of data".

  This is not true.  As my earlier messages said, many implementations
can process complex data themselves, and don't need external
applications to do that for them.

  This goes back to the root cause of the disagreement:  The document
explains one model of RADIUS.  You are arguing that this model is no
longer applicable.  You want to *require* a newer model.

  See Dave Nelsons message for a different response to this request.