RE: "Last Look" at the RADIUS Design Guidelines document

> Complex attributes may also be added to the dictionary such that the
> RADIUS server does not require code changes to process these attributes.

This may be true of a class of newer RADIUS server implementations, those
with a "dynamic" data dictionary, but it is not true of another class of
more "traditional" RADIUS servers, and it's those that this section intends
to address.

As I said in a previous post, the plan is to recommend (via this BCP) that
newly design RADIUS attributes not contribute to rendering a significant
installed base of deployed RADIUS servers effectively obsolete.

If we were talking about VSAs, this wouldn't be a concern.  We're talking
about standards-tack attributes.  If all you have to worry about is the
class of "enhanced capability" RADIUS servers, then I would agree.  In the
IETF, we need to take a broader view, I think.

To repeat myself (this seems to be in vogue) it's a matter of either
revising the protocol or extending the protocol.  RADEXT has the charter to
do the latter and not the former.