Re: action RPC I-D

Hi -

We're not talking about SNMP.  Were talking netconf, a protocol that
was supposed to better support configuration management than SNMP.

With this kind of behaviour, what's the point of tracking configurations?
It seems the only workable solution if equipment can be this arbitrary
will be to tweak things until the device works, and then do a get-config
to figure out what the configuration really is, and hope that none of
the RPCs did things that won't be reflected in the results of get-config,
and hope that replaying the results of the get-config back into a device at
some time in the future will result in the desired configuration.

This seems somewhat suboptimal.

Randy