Re: action RPC I-D

Hi -

That's the question I'm asking.  Let me break it into some simpler
questions:

    1) if one successfully plays the same sequence of commands
        into two different boxes with the same starting configuration
        (not asking about whether the vendors are different, just whether
        the boxes' configurations are identical) can one assume that
        the resulting configurations will be the same?

    2) is the result (in terms of how the system's configuration will change)
        of a successfully completed RPC deterministic?

    3) is the result (in terms of the changes to a system's configuration)
        of a successfully completed RPC predictable?

If the answer is "no" to any of these questions, then I think we're in
for a tough time explaining how this belongs in "configuration management",
and need to face up to what this protocol really is.

Randy